Saturday, March 1, 2008

Are the grays here yet?

As mentioned in my last post, I have been very busy lately. Busy with school mainly, but also work, and trying to some what active in my faith. Yeah I know that should be the one with the "mainly" behind it but unfortunately I can’t say that it is. Ok Morgan, stay on topic. Today I had a day off, and as with every day I get off I was looking forward to sleeping until noon, waking up and then just lay around watching the T.V. all day. However, Thursday must have been "Assign mega amounts of homework day" at Cincinnati State.

Now a little back story. Ever since middle school I can remember getting a lot of anxiety, and very stressed out when ever I was assigned several assignments, or large ones. Well apparently this does not change over the years. So since Thursday I have been planning my day off out in my head. First I will start on my 4 hours of math homework, hopefully finish before lunch. After lunch I will start on my economics, possibly get done with that in time to get some quality time with a friend or two. Suddenly my day off was in fact just as or more planned out then any other day of my life.

Well 8a.m. came around and that alarm clock went off. Between getting the new puppy up and doing a few things my mom wanted I was already behind on my list. Well long story short I got rather stress out rather fast. By noon I was focusing more on worrying about whether I was going to get thing done then actually working on them.

As with a lot of things I decided to go the good book for some advice. I found one verse that really stuck out to me and helped out.

Philippians 4:6-7 “Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.”

So I decided to try it, not that I have not done it before but this morning for some reason prayer was not on my mind. Well once I prayed and gave it all up; it was like a 20 ton weight just lifted right off. Not only did I feel better, but not even an hour later I got a call this call could be considered the sense of God’s wholeness the passage talks about. This call was from my work, a guy there wanted to switch me Monday for Wednesday, this means I would have an entire day more then I originally planned on having to get this work done. Can you say another 20 tons?

So after looking in the mirror I currently have no grays hairs up there, however when I shave my head I am told it looks like I am going bald…

Until next time, Happy checking my blog for new posts!

No comments: